Have you been struggling to find good, high quality, rent paying tenants for your rental property? Here are some common mistakes landlords make while screening applicants.
1. Only requiring one application per group
2. Not running credit, background, and eviction checks on all applicants and co-signers
3. Permitting low quality references; friends, parents, and significant others are not going to provide you with honest, helpful tenant references. The two best and most important references are from employers and previous landlords.
4. Ignoring why the applicant is moving
5. Failing to verify applicant’s income and employment
Burlington, Vermont Landlords, if you are making any of these mistakes or if finding great tenants is a challenge, it is time to call Five Seasons Property Management at (844) Season5 or (844) 732-7665.