During the leasing process, some of the most frequently asked questions amongst perspective student tenants and their co-signers regard furnishing their rental unit. Here is a broken down checklist of what Five Seasons Property Management recommends for furnishing your new rental along with some insider tips on where to buy furniture. Please email email@example.com and cc’ firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a request through your tenant portal if you have any questions about furnishing your apartment.
For the Bedroom:
- Mattress Frame & Box Spring
- We recommend ones that will easily fit through doorways
- Drawers, Dresser, Clothing Rack, Wardrobe, Shelving, etc.
- Plan for storing your clothing if your bedroom does not have a closet
- Shoe Rack
- Night Stand
- Floor Lamp
- Not all of our bedrooms have overhead lights
Bathroom, Living Room, Kitchen:
- Shower Curtain
- Standing Shelves or Cart for Kitchen and Bathroom
- Couch/Futon/Comfy Chairs
- Coffee Table
- Door Mats
- Dishes, Cups, Utensils, Pots, Pans, Cooking Supplies, etc.
- Cleaning Supplies
Tips on How to Get Cheap Furniture
- Befriend a senior who is leaving Burlington after graduation and offer to buy their furniture
- Checkout ReSource, Goodwill, Walmart, Facebook, and Ikea
- If you are interested in possibly buying furniture belonging to the current tenants residing at your unit, contact us ASAP via the communication methods detailed above.