Five Seasons Property Management is lucky to serve as landlords to many students, who are also first time renters. It is important to us that all of our tenants, particularly our students, are able to make our properties feel like home, while respecting their rental in manners laid out in their lease agreement. Here are some fun tips and tricks on how to design your Five Seasons Property Management rental in ways that follow your lease agreement.
- Sleek and Slim; While every rental has a different floor plan, furniture that is less bulky always helps to open up a room and creates more space. It also helps to ensure that your furniture can fit through doorways.
- Get Lit; Even if your room has a ceiling light, get a floor lamp or twinkle lights to brighten up your rental and create the illusion of space.
- Create Storage; No matter how large a rental is, storage space is crucial for organization. We recommend getting mattress frames that have room for under bed storage, standing shelves for your bedroom, the bathroom, or the kitchen, and carts for the kitchen.
- Color Coordinate; Choose colors and patterns that will open up the space. While this may mean leaving your canopy at the dorm, try to decorate your apartment in ways that will make your rental feel lighter and brighter.
- Make it You; Just because you cannot paint or drill holes in the wall does not mean that you cannot decorate your apartment. Get fun throw pillows for the living room. Hang some twinkle lights, photos, and posters. Draw an avant-garde statement piece. Personalize your space and make it your own; just please do not damage the walls in the process.
For any design questions that might arise, while you are preparing to move into your apartment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and cc’ email@example.com or submit a request through your tenant portal account.