Landlords, want to make sure your Burlington rental is up to code and can pass inspection? Follow Five Seasons Property Management’s mini checklist to make sure that you are adhering to all of Burlington’s rental laws.
- All bedrooms must have an Egress Window.
- There must be a Working Smoke Detector in every basement, bedroom, and interiors directly outside of all bedrooms.
- No More than Four Unrelated Persons are legally allowed to occupy a residence.
- One Lease Per Unit; It is illegal to rent bedrooms. All tenants renting the same unit are required to be on the Same Lease.
- Landlords are legally Required to Pay for Water, Trash, and Sewage at all multi-family properties.
Concerned that your Burlington, Vermont rental is falling short of these requirements? Give Five Seasons Property Management a call today!